Sunday, January 4, 2009

Freehand Cane

My second attempt at claying came after Christmas. I decided I wanted to try making a cane without even drawing a picture of what it would be. I grabbed some of my favorite colors and started conditioning. And conditioning. Yeah, it took a long time but I soon ended up with these colors, gold, white, evergreen, sage and a dark purple (3 parts purple to 2 parts black):


I forgot to take pictures between the one above and the final product - kind of got lost in the project - but this is how it turned out:

It's a strange looking flower but I love it anyway! Before reducing this was a block an inch deep and 6" in diameter. The best part is slicing open that cane and seeing the final design in the middle.

I'm not sure what I will decorate with this cane but now I have one to play with!

No comments:

Post a Comment