Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas

I decided that I should make some ornaments for Christmas as my first project. I looked up tutorials online to get some ideas. WOW there are a lot of free tutorials in print and video out there! Here are just a couple that I liked:

How to Make Polymer Clay Ornaments

Polymer Clay Superstore - Resources-Instructions and Project Ideas

I had forgotten how long it took to condition clay, even with a pasta machine, so I didn't get too far that day. I used a project sheet I got from Joanne.com or one of those craft stores to make a Santa:


He's a cute little guy. Not bad for my first try! I also made some glow-in-the-dark stars that got a little "crispy" in my new convection oven. I've since purchased a Sculpey thermometer so I can set the temp more accurately. But they really do glow! Not all that brightly but still a good effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment